The Society provides a programme of monthly talks and other meetings thoughout the year. Meetings start at 7.30pm on the second Thursday in the month (unless otherwise stated), and take place in the Council Chamber of the Town Hall or the Royal Wells Hotel.
Non-members welcome. Entrance to the Town Hall is via the main door. If you are late and find that it is locked, please ring the bell and wait to be admitted.
Programme for 2019
- 13th June in the Council Chamber of the Town Hall at 7.30pm
'An Introduction to Art Nouveau Architecture' - Ian Gledhill returns with a well illustrated consideration of the astonishing flowering of the architectural style that flourished briefly around 1900, particularly in Belgium and France.
- Saturday 6th July 6pm - 8pm
Garden Party - at Ivy Chimneys by kind permission of Laurence and Christine Smith. Restricted to members of the Civic Society and their guests. See Spring 2019 Newsletter for details.
- 12th September in the Royal Wells Hotel at 7.30pm
The Local History Group presents its most recent work.
- Friday 13th September to Sunday 22nd September
Heritage Open Days in and around Tunbridge Wells.
- 10th October in the Council Chamber of the Town Hall at 7.30pm
Royal Tunbridge Wells Civic Society Awards Evening - presenter to be announced.
- 10th November - 10.30 at the War Memorial
Remembrance Sunday - members are invited to attend the parade in Civic Way.
- 14th November in the Royal Wells Hotel at 7.30pm
Annual General Meeting followed by an open forum for members.
- 12th December in the Royal Wells Hotel at 7.15pm
'Shopping through the Ages in England' - Gilly Halcrow�s light-hearted review takes us all the way from medieval guilds and pedlars to the first supermarkets.
As this is the Christmas meeting refreshments of coffee and mince pies will be provided beforehand.